Topics

moderated Failed file upload still sends notification #bug #fixed

Hudson Leighton

I recently had a file upload refused for wrong file type, got the error message that file was wrong and not uploaded.

Fine, I went with "plan B", But the notification that a file had been uploaded was sent to the members.

Should things be changed so the the notification goes out AFTER a successful upload?

-Hudson

I concur with Hudson. I think a copy of the failure notice should also go to the group owner address.

As a related issue, I wonder if a notice shouldn't also be sent to the member in the event there's an upload resample limit in place and the image has been reduced along with a reminder to the poster that the group owner can change that setting if necessary.

Dano

I recently had a file upload refused for wrong file type, got the error message that file was wrong and not uploaded.
Fine, I went with "plan B", But the notification that a file had been uploaded was sent to the members.
Should things be changed so the the notification goes out AFTER a successful upload?
-Hudson

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 4:21 PM Hudson Leighton <hudsonl@...> wrote:

I recently had a file upload refused for wrong file type, got the error message that file was wrong and not uploaded.

Fine, I went with "plan B", But the notification that a file had been uploaded was sent to the members.

Should things be changed so the the notification goes out AFTER a successful upload?

This should be fixed now.

Thanks,
MarkĀ