Topics

moderated Full Digest changes #update

Hi All,

Recently we've had instances where digests were generated containing messages with many images, resulting in digest sizes up to 100MB. That causes issues with our systems as well as with some receiving email services. I've made two changes. Now, when we resize images for digests, we set the JPEG quality to 75. Previously it was 96. Also, we're now limiting the number of attachments included with each message in a digest to 2.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 12:38 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Also, we're now limiting the number of attachments included with each message in a digest to 2.
Which brings up the question of what happens if there are more attachments?  Will there be links to them instead of the actual attachment/image?  I think this would be best for conformity to the existing limits.