Topics

moderated Infinite scroll doesn't work consistently #bug #fixed

Bob Bellizzi
 

On one of my Premiuum groups I noticed that my message scroll referted to 20.
When I checked my account it indicated I had it set to Infinite.
I set it to 20 and it worked.
I set it to 100 and it worked.
I set it to Infinite and it only provided 20.  When I checked it it was set to Infinite.

I went through this procedure several times and had the same results.

Mark, the group is FuchsFriends

--

Bob Bellizzi

Bruce Bowman
 

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 09:47 AM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
On one of my Premiuum groups I noticed that my message scroll referted to 20.
When I checked my account it indicated I had it set to Infinite.
I set it to 20 and it worked.
I set it to 100 and it worked.
I set it to Infinite and it only provided 20.  When I checked it it was set to Infinite.
This is normal (but perplexing) behavior for database tables. See https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/understanding-groups-io-accounts/setting-account-preferences-and-viewing-account-information

If it's happening with something else that would be a bug.

Regards,
Bruce

 

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 6:47 AM Bob Bellizzi <cdfexec@...> wrote:
On one of my Premiuum groups I noticed that my message scroll referted to 20.
When I checked my account it indicated I had it set to Infinite.
I set it to 20 and it worked.
I set it to 100 and it worked.
I set it to Infinite and it only provided 20.  When I checked it it was set to Infinite.

This should be fixed now.

Thanks,
Mark 

Bruce Bowman
 

Mark -- When viewing a lengthy thread with your account's "Items Per Page" set to Infinite Scroll, the bottom menu bar (Reply Like More) fails to show up after the first 20 messages.

Please see this thread in GMF for details.

Regards,
Bruce

Jim Wilson
 

Mark, this continues to occur and I have previously submitted this issue but I have tested more since then. This happens with every browser I have tested.

When viewing Messages or Topics in any group, Infinite Scroll absolutely fails with any browser window length in excess of 1600 pixels. However, when viewing Expanded, it seems to work just fine. The width of the browser window does not seem to be a factor.

Anyone using an HD 1920x1080 monitor in Portrait mode would experience this, I believe. I use a 43" UHD 3840x2160 monitor and like my browser windows at 1800x1800 but I have to make an exception for GIO and stick with 1920x1080.
--
Jim

 

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 6:37 AM Jim Wilson via groups.io <groupsio=texnetsys.com@groups.io> wrote:

When viewing Messages or Topics in any group, Infinite Scroll absolutely fails with any browser window length in excess of 1600 pixels. However, when viewing Expanded, it seems to work just fine. The width of the browser window does not seem to be a factor.

This should be fixed now.

Thanks,
Mark 

Bob Morley
 

Not certain that this is related, but paging by 50/100 items is no longer working properly.

I am set for 50 items per page and this is what I get. I can see the first 50 posts but the next page goes to message 22xxx.



--
Gerald

 

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 3:35 PM Bob Morley <ve1dtcontroller@...> wrote:
Not certain that this is related, but paging by 50/100 items is no longer working properly.

I am set for 50 items per page and this is what I get. I can see the first 50 posts but the next page goes to message 22xxx.

Should be fixed now.

Thanks,
Mark 

Jim Wilson
 

It works! Thank you, Mark!
--
Jim