Topics

moderated Zoom integration pop-up panel opens and closes repeatedly #bug #fixed

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

when I click the 'Make this a Zoom meeting' button the pop-up panel where you enter the Zoom meeting details opens and immediately closes repeatedly preventing entry of details.  I've tested this on Firefox and Chrome and it's the same each time.

Regards,
Andy

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 1:04 PM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

when I click the 'Make this a Zoom meeting' button the pop-up panel where you enter the Zoom meeting details opens and immediately closes repeatedly preventing entry of details.  I've tested this on Firefox and Chrome and it's the same each time.

I was just working on that. Should be fixed now.

Andy Wedge

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 09:12 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I was just working on that. Should be fixed now.

Yes, the pop-up panel is stable now. Thanks.  It still only works with a Personal Meeting Id (PMI) at present as the One Time Meeting option generates no Zoom meeting link.

Thanks
Andy

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 2:53 PM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 09:12 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I was just working on that. Should be fixed now.

Yes, the pop-up panel is stable now. Thanks.  It still only works with a Personal Meeting Id (PMI) at present as the One Time Meeting option generates no Zoom meeting link.

I'm unable to reproduce this; I can set up a meeting with either PMI or as One Time. Can you try again and then reply to me off-list with the exact time you tried it? I'll see if I can spot anything in the logs.

Dave Sergeant

On 12 May 2020 at 14:53, Andy Wedge wrote:

Yes, the pop-up panel is stable now. Thanks.  It still only works with a
Personal Meeting Id (PMI) at present as the One Time Meeting option
generates no Zoom meeting link.
For what is worth, we decided not to use the Zoom integration for our
calendar alerts. Firstly it doesn't as Mark confirm work with repeated
events even if you want to edit a single event of the series. More
significantly the organiser (host) of the Zoom event must be the one
who sets it up as it interfaces directly to Zoom. We have set calendar
edits to be only permitted by moderators and our Zoom organiser is not
a moderator (OK, we could change permissions..).

Far easier is just to type the Zoom meeting ID and password which our
host supplies directly in the alert information box. We could also
probably also include the direct link.

Hopefully we will only have to do this for another couple of our events
if the UK Government allows us to meet again at our normal venue.

Dave

http://davesergeant.com