Topics

moderated disabled account #suggestion

Hi All,

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 8:00 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
maybe "Banned by system" would be a better process.
This could also be a category in the member dropdown.

There is a new 'Banned by system' activity log entry (under moderators), that will be used to log any disabling in the future. Also, when someone is banned from the service, their subscriptions will be removed, instead of hidden, which should keep subscriber counts normal. Also, I've gone through and fixed all subscriber counts affected by previous bannings.

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 06:19 AM, Duane wrote:
maybe "Banned by system" would be a better process.
This could also be a category in the member dropdown.

When accounts are disabled by GIO management, as noted in a previous topic, it would be helpful if that were noted in the activity log of any groups where they are members.  As it is now, the record for that email address just disappears from the roster.  An entry of "Account disabled by system" should suffice.  I think it would also be a good idea, to prevent confusion, to remove those people from any groups they've joined instead of just hiding the information, so maybe "Banned by system" would be a better process.