locked Site Updates #changelog

Changes to the site the past couple weeks (apologies for the overdue #changelog):

  • Fixed plain text only conversion for messages with multipart/related parts embedded in multipart/alt parts.
  • Fixed linkifying URLs in plain text messages in the archives that have parentheses.
  • When converting messages to plain text, we now look for and collapse duplicate URLs of the form "URL ".
  • Ignore SMTP connections that specify an RCPT TO but no DATA part. These are SMTP sender verify requests.
  • Better internal database logging.
  • Fixed slow code when generating notifications for large pending messages. This was causing endlessly duplicated pending messages.
  • Fixed crash when viewing a pending message that had no text part.
  • Slack member sync is now ignoring deleted Slack users.
  • Made the check for the word 'like' in emails case insensitive.
  • No longer obfuscate emails that end in @groups.io when viewing plain text messages in the archives.
  • Fixed an EXIF string parsing bug when uploading Photos.
  • Better error handling when uploading Photos.
  • Fixed an issue with digests viewed in Gmail; Gmail was incorrectly linkifying attachment links.
  • Ignore bad bytes when decoding quoted-printable parts.

Mark

Mark,

Hmm....

--3-6145586333-1074296831=:5
- When converting messages to plain text, we now look for and
collapse dup=
licate URLs of the form "URL <URL>".
--3-6145586333-1074296831=:5
<li>When converting messages to plain text, we now look for and
collapse d=
uplicate URLs of the form &quot;URL <URL>&quot;.</li>
That really needed to be escaped as &quot;URL &lt;URL&gt;&quot;

(Hopefully my & l t ; doesn't get interpreted somehow...)

-- Shal

Hmph,

And word-wrapping my quote in a plain text message didn't help anyone.

'twas:

> --3-6145586333-1074296831=:5
> - When converting messages to plain text, we now look for and
> collapse dup=
> licate URLs of the form "URL <URL>".
> --3-6145586333-1074296831=:5
> <li>When converting messages to plain text, we now look for and
> collapse d=
> uplicate URLs of the form &quot;URL <URL>&quot;.</li>

-- Shal

Mark,

Oops, I missed something. > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; markup=markdown So the original wasn't simply text/plain. So that wasn't an escaping error, it was an authoring error. You needed to have written URLs of the form `"URL <URL>"`. -- Shal

Hi Shal,

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 5:48 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

Oops, I missed something. > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; markup=markdown So the original wasn't simply text/plain. So that wasn't an escaping error, it was an authoring error. You needed to have written URLs of the form `"URL <URL>"`. -- Shal

Yeah, I think it was operator error on that one.

Mark