Topics

moderated Size limit changes #update

Hi All,

Previously, we've had the following size limits for all groups:

Emails: 100MB
Photos: 100MB
Files: 100MB

For premium and enterprise groups, I've raised the Photos and Files limits to 500MB. I've kept the max email size the same because many (all?) email service providers have limits on the size of emails they will accept. I don't have specifics, but my gut says the majority limit message sizes to something under 100MB.

(Photos and Files referring to uploaded photos to the Photos section and uploaded files to the Files section).

On the TODO list is work to better support better file/photo uploads, allowing for pausing and restarting transfers and dealing better with unreliable network connections. I don't have a timeframe on that, however.

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 06:55 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Previously, we've had the following size limits for all groups:

Emails: 100MB
Photos: 100MB (now 500 MB)
Files: 100MB (now 500 MB)
If I understand correctly, these limits are for any single email, photo, or file. Correct?

Bruce

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 7:38 AM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

If I understand correctly, these limits are for any single email, photo, or file. Correct?

Yes, that is correct. Sorry for any confusion.

Mark

Jay Elvove

This is great news. It should be widely shared with the entire groups.io community.

Chris Jones

On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 04:17 PM, Jay Elvove wrote:
It should be widely shared with the entire groups.io community.
If you look in the latest version of the Members Manual (dated yesterday, 1st May) you will find that the information is included there. See section 15 of the pdf version.

The "sharing action" is in place...

It is also in the Owners Manual, although perhaps it's not so easy to find.

Chris