Topics

moderated Moderated members option in Members' List dropdown menu #suggestion

Marina

I see that in the dropdown menu in the Members' List page you can choose to view Moderators, Pending Approval, Bouncing, Banned, but not Moderated.
It would be useful to have the option to view a list of all moderated members, as you can do for instance with bouncing members or members with different status.

Have a nice week, stay safe
Marina

I think it makes more sense to wait for ability (which I think is planned at some point) to sort the members list by posting status. There are a lot of different posting statuses, and whether or not to display by "moderated" would not make much sense in an already moderated group (just for one example among many).

I think posting status is a different level of category from the current dropdown categories Pending, Bouncing, Past, Banned, and (current) Members. I personally would not care to see "Moderated" or any other posting statuses in the dropdown. I think it would weigh it down. I don't have strong feelings about this, but think about this: where would it end? Would we eventually have all the possible posting statuses in the dropdown?

Marina,

It would be useful to have the option to view a list of all moderated
members, as you can do for instance with bouncing members or members
with different status.
It would be very useful. But I agree with J about the view drop-list not being a good user interface for the feature.

For this, I'd like to see a filter tool (aka advanced search function) much like the funnel icon at the top of the Topics / Messages lists. That opens a little panel that lets you filter for messages in various date ranges.

In the Members list the expanded panel could have checkboxes to filter for various Posting Privileges and other member characteristics.

I'd also like to be able to sort the list by additional criteria (which J said may be in the works). Sorting and filtering are related concepts, and in many cases two different means to the same end. And sometimes very powerful in combination.

Shal

Marina

Of course different groups have different needs.
I wouldn't care for refined filtering.
In my group, with other 2500 members, posts are not moderated, nevertheless some members are moderated for different reasons and over time we have somehow lost track of their number.
Mine is a free group and I would be fine with a basic feature such as having a list of all moderated members in one place, regardless of their posting details. Maybe more complex options, which presumably would require more time and work from Mark, could be available for paid groups.

Have a nice day,
Marina

Displaying the members list by posting status would solve your issue, is simple, has been requested several times in the past, and (at one point) I’m pretty sure was on the ToDo list.