Topics

moderated Two requests: Format painter and option to allow forwarding of messages #suggestion

Jennifer Christian

Hello all -

1.  Format painter button:    Having this option would sure be nice.   I don't like releasing messages sent in with a hodgepodge of colors and fonts and line spacings  -- and it is nearly impossible without a format painter to get things to look professional.   Is there a way to do this already?  If not, is it a difficult thing to add?

2.  In this time of COVID-19, I have realized that a list-serv can be a good way to START propagating information.  But if members CANNOT forward messages, the propagation stops there.   I realize that enabling wholesale forwarding messages defeats the idea of a restricted group -- which all of mine are.  But somehow as moderator,  I would like to be able to turn on / turn off a forwarding option for individual messages when dissemination of a piece of news or an opportunity would be good.   Is this possible?

Cordially,
Jennifer Christian
WFDRoundtable@groups.io
ACOEM-WFDSection@groups.io
etc.

[Mod note: Added #suggestion hashtag]

Duane

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 10:27 AM, Jennifer Christian wrote:
Is there a way to do this already?
Have you tried the Settings page, in the Message Formatting panel, to set "Normalize HTML Emails"?
https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/customizing-group-settings/message-formatting-settings?single=true

Duane

Jennifer Christian

No, I hadn't.  Is this a one-way street, meaning if I select Normalize HTML today, it will have to remain that way forever?  I don't want to eliminate ALL colors and visuals!

If I DO select "normalize" HTML, will I as moderator be able to add back in emphasis or color when I want to?   Since I am often passing along items of interest to my readers, it is often helpful to be able to draw attention to a particular sentence in a posting with highlighted or colored text.

Also I have seen the option for color inexplicably appear and disappear in the advanced toolbar.   I'd like to have it ALL THE TIME!

Smiling,
Jennifer Christian, MD, MPH
Moderator, Work Fitness & Disability Roundtable
Chair and list-serv moderator, ACOEM Work Fitness & Disability Section

Duane

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 11:58 AM, Jennifer Christian wrote:
No, I hadn't.  Is this a one-way street, meaning if I select Normalize HTML today, it will have to remain that way forever?  I don't want to eliminate ALL colors and visuals!
No, you can turn it off and on as needed.

If I DO select "normalize" HTML, will I as moderator be able to add back in emphasis or color when I want to?   Since I am often passing along items of interest to my readers, it is often helpful to be able to draw attention to a particular sentence in a posting with highlighted or colored text.
You can't use fonts, sizes, and colors while it's on, but you can use bold and italic for emphasis, along with inline images.

We can continue the discussion on GMF, if you want, since this really isn't the proper group for that.

Duane