Topics

moderated Make mute/unmute and follow/unfollow tools consistent #suggestion

Peter Cook

I am encouraging my members to use hashtags, mute, and follow to better manage their email traffic. There's quite a bit of confusion because the tools to do this are somewhat scattered. I’d like to suggest greater consistency in the way they are accessed and used. Here’s a set of suggestions:

On the Hashtags page (<mygroup>.groups.io/g/main/hashtags):
Add a “follow/unfollow” button next to the “mute/unmute” button.

On the Topics page (<mygroup>.groups.io/g/main/topics):
Add “follow/unfollow” and “mute/unmute” options for both hashtags and topics, perhaps in the “More” dropdown under a message.

In messages received by email:
Have consistent “follow/unfollow” and “mute/unmute” links for both hashtags and topics in the digest, summary, and individual email modes.

Pete