Topics

moderated Digest sent before member accepted #bug

Marv Waschke

On April 4, a user requested membership to our restricted, private archive group, received our standard reply asking for more information. Before replying, the as yet non-member received a message digest from the group. They mentioned this in their reply. I approved the request for membership. The logs show the request and acceptance, but no email delivery is recorded. I believe both the delivery of the digest and the absence of a log record of the delivery in the Email Delivery History are defects. The group is trollope.groups.io. The member is EJP.
Best, Marv Waschke

Marv Waschke

I just noticed Duane's comment on Time Zones. The digest was sent across the international date line. Could that have affected the digest sending logic?
Best, Marv

Chris Jones

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 04:05 PM, Marv Waschke wrote:
Could that have affected the digest sending logic?
Only time will tell...
(Sorry!)

Chris

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 7:56 AM Marv Waschke <marv@...> wrote:
On April 4, a user requested membership to our restricted, private archive group, received our standard reply asking for more information. Before replying, the as yet non-member received a message digest from the group. They mentioned this in their reply. I approved the request for membership. The logs show the request and acceptance, but no email delivery is recorded. I believe both the delivery of the digest and the absence of a log record of the delivery in the Email Delivery History are defects. The group is trollope.groups.io. The member is EJP.

The logs cycled before I was able to look at any possible digest delivery (I've increased the log retention on those logs now). But I went through the code and I don't see how that could have happened.

Please let me know if you see something like this again.