Topics

moderated Zoom integration now active #update

Hi All,

I've just pushed Zoom integration to production. If you've used the Zoom Chrome plugin before with GCal, it works much the same way. When you create or edit a single calendar event, there is a new button, 'Make This A Zoom Meeting'. Click that, a window will pop up to log into Zoom (first time only), and then you'll get a dialog box to set the parameters of your Zoom meeting. Once you create the Zoom meeting, it'll populate the location and description fields of your event with the relevant information and add the #zoom hashtag to the event name. You can also delete your Zoom meeting while editing your event.

This currently does not work with repeating events.

I had originally decided that this would be a premium feature, but with lots of people using Zoom to stay in touch during the pandemic, it will be available to everyone through September 1st.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Glenn Glazer

On 3/31/2020 13:29, Mark Fletcher wrote:
[...]

Just as a heads-up, there was a recent Zoom bug on iOS that caused Zoom to leak data to Facebook. They have since dropped the Facebook integration, so make sure you update the app before using it.

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est

When I try to create an event with my personal meeting ID I get the below error message.

Client Groups.ioAccount LevelYou cannot authorize the app This app cannot be installed outside of the developer's account. Please contact the application developer to get support with installing this application.

Does it require a Zoom Premium subscription? I'm running Windows 10, 1909, using the latest FireFox.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 1:47 PM Robert Kingett <kingettr@...> wrote:

When I try to create an event with my personal meeting ID I get the below error message.

Client Groups.ioAccount LevelYou cannot authorize the app This app cannot be installed outside of the developer's account. Please contact the application developer to get support with installing this application.

Gah! I clearly didn't do something right when applying for permission. Let me look into it. I'll disable it for now.

Brian Dooley <brianmdooley@...>

Thank you Mark!!!

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020, 4:31 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
[...]

An update: it turns out I need to have Zoom approve the integration for their marketplace before it can be active (I don't need it to be in their marketplace, but whatever). I hope this will happen in the next few days; I'll keep you posted.