Topics

moderated Event: Mail server upgrade #downtime - Monday, 30 March 2020 #downtime #cal-invite

main@beta.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Mail server upgrade #downtime

When:
Monday, 30 March 2020
5:00pm to 6:30pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

The last three weeks we've seen a marked increase in message traffic. I need to upgrade the email server to better handle the additional load. Email will be queued up during this time and delivered once the upgrade is complete. No other parts of the site will be affected.

Chris Aldrich

I didn't know about this downtime until one of my group members emailed asking about the delay in receipt of email messages that were visible on our group's page.

I first checked status.groups.io where there was nothing to indicate this downtime. Next I checked GMF (nada) and the Beta, where I found this message. I thought Bera was the place to discuss potential improvements to groups.io and I get the Beta messages in Full Digest since (I thought) there was no particular need for speed in reading them. I was surprised that it was the place that this announcement was posted.

All of this is to say - is there a more expedient way for Group Owners and Moderators to be notified of anticipated #downtime? Is there something else I should be subscribed to?

Thanks much - we love groups.io and I just suggested it to the admin of a nearly-defunct Y group that I belong to.
Chris