Topics

moderated Mark in the time of COVID-19 #misc

Hi All,

Just a quick note that, like I'm sure with all of you, my productivity is taking a hit right now. Amongst all the craziness, our kids' school is closed for at least 3 weeks, and we're also dealing one of them having (hopefully only) the flu. Customer support/responses to beta@/development work will all be slowed for the foreseeable future.

Mark,
Yes, hopefully only the flu.
Take care, everyone.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 4:38 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

Just a quick note that, like I'm sure with all of you, my productivity is taking a hit right now. Amongst all the craziness, our kids' school is closed for at least 3 weeks, and we're also dealing one of them having (hopefully only) the flu. Customer support/responses to beta@/development work will all be slowed for the foreseeable future.

Ken Schweizer

Hi Mark,

Praying for your child!

Ken

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." God

Just a quick note that, like I'm sure with all of you, my productivity is taking a hit right now. Amongst all the craziness, our kids' school is closed for at least 3 weeks, and we're also dealing one of them having (hopefully only) the flu. Customer support/responses to beta@/development work will all be slowed for the foreseeable future.

Joseph Hudson

Oh no Mark, y'all stay well out there.

On Mar 16, 2020, at 6:36 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Just a quick note that, like I'm sure with all of you, my productivity is taking a hit right now. Amongst all the craziness, our kids' school is closed for at least 3 weeks, and we're also dealing one of them having (hopefully only) the flu. Customer support/responses to beta@/development work will all be slowed for the foreseeable future.

Douglas Swearingen <dougiebehr@...>

Prayers for your son and the rest of the family Mark.

Doug

> Just a quick note that, like I'm sure with all of you, my productivity is taking a hit right now. Amongst all the craziness, our kids' school is closed for at least 3 weeks, and we're also dealing one of them having (hopefully only) the flu. Customer support/responses to beta@/development work will all be slowed for the foreseeable future.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Patty Sliney

Oh dear, Mark.  Hopefully you can get him tested for the flu.  If he's positive, he can then be prescribed an anti-viral medication.  If he's negative, hopefully you can ask his doctor to test him for COVID-19.  Take care, sending good thoughts your way!

Patty Sliney (RN)

Glenn Glazer

Take care of yourself and your family, that's a higher priority. This all can wait.

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est

Tom Biggs GFCA

Praying for your family, Mark.
--
Tom Biggs
GFCA

Stay healthy, Mark, and hopefully only the flue!

Victoria

Ellen Moody

Very sorry your child has contracted the flu, Mark, strong hopes and wishes he will soon be better and you and your family stay well. Here is a little Gilbert and Sullivan cheer to brighten our early morning (it is early morning on the east coast of the US):

Seen on face-book:

I am the very model of effective social distancing!
I listen to the experts on the topic of resistance-ing;
I know that brunch and yoga class aren’t nearly as imperative
As doing what I can to change the nation’s viral narrative.

I’m very well acquainted, too, with living solitarily
And confident that everyone can do it temporarily:
Go take a walk, or ride a bike, or dig into an unread book;
Avoid the bars and restaurants and carry out, or learn to cook.

There’s lots of stuff to watch online while keeping safe from sinus ills
(In this case, it’s far better to enjoy your Netflix MINUS chills)!
Adopt a pet, compose a ballad, write some earnest doggerel,
And help demolish Trump before our next event inaugural.

Pandemics are alarming, but they aren’t insurmountable
If everybody pitches in to hold ourselves accountable.
In short, please do your part to practice prudent co-existence-ing,
And be the very model of effective social distancing!

(Credit unknown)

Ellen Moody

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 7:38 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

Just a quick note that, like I'm sure with all of you, my productivity is taking a hit right now. Amongst all the craziness, our kids' school is closed for at least 3 weeks, and we're also dealing one of them having (hopefully only) the flu. Customer support/responses to beta@/development work will all be slowed for the foreseeable future.

Take care of you and yours, this can wait!

PurplePenny

Hopefully not even flu, but just a cold.

Stay safe everyone,
Penny

Anita L

Mark so sorry your child has the flu. Hope your child recovers soon.
Be safe with this corona virus going around. Very scary.

Wish you the best.

Anita

Ginny T.

Mark, if we cannot all understand and accept that life is upended for everyone no and for the foreseeable future, we're in trouble. I do believe that at the end of this, there will be some good that comes out of it - be it realizing that with all of the bean counter regulations being lifted from the health care system, things can actually happen, and also people realizing and remembering that a less hectic, frantic, can't stop lifestyle might have a lot more value than what they thought.

Please, take care of your family and you first. We do what we can, and we all need to understand that that is the best that we can hope for - and oh gee, it actually is just fine.

Stay safe, stay well - good thoughts coming to you.
Ginny
--
Ginny T.  gttemari21@...
========

Ken Schweizer

Hi Mark,

How is your daughter doing?

Ken

"Sometimes faith will make you look stupid, until it starts to rain" Noah

Just a quick note that, like I'm sure with all of you, my productivity is taking a hit right now. Amongst all the craziness, our kids' school is closed for at least 3 weeks, and we're also dealing one of them having (hopefully only) the flu. Customer support/responses to beta@/development work will all be slowed for the foreseeable future.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the kind wishes. We are doing ok. My daughter has recovered. Because COVID testing is still not available, we don't know what she had, although her friend had strep, so it may have been that. We are doing what we can to carve out pockets of normality in this deeply abnormal time.

I hope you all are staying safe.

Mark

Donald Hellen

Mark,

We're glad that your daughter recovered from whatever it was.

In Ohio (and some other states), many businesses are closed. You can't
get a haircut. Some stores have special early hours only for seniors,
which I thought was nice. Our business might have to close for a while
but some among us can work from home, at least for now.

A friend in Montreal said that they are working with the doors all
opened and have a disinfectant team working to keep everything
sanitized.

In some places it's crazy. It will get worse before it gets better, so
all we can do is try to stay as healthy as possible so we can weather
this storm.

Donald

https://groups.io/g/ICOM
https://groups.io/g/Ham-Antennas
https://groups.io/g/HamRadioHelp

Ellen Moody

I am not technical person so am just here to say I am glad to know that Mark's daughter is doing okay and is recovering from her
cold or other kind of flu.  Ellen Moody