Topics

moderated Move date #bug

Andy Wedge

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 10:31 PM, Nina Eppes wrote:
But changing the current "Uploaded" column label to "Modified" would be OK with me as well.
That would work for me too and I think an extra column could clutter a mobile display which I use on a regular basis.

I do agree with the original point though that if a file is just moved, the uploaded/modified date should not change.

Andy

Derek Milliner

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 09:21 PM, Duane wrote:
I think it should be changed to Date Modified
That would work work for me. Is it practical/reasonably simple to make the date clickable, producing a popup with the change date(s)? Rather than adding a column - that's ok on a desktop, but typically clutters up a mobile device display.

Del

Nina Eppes

I would be happy to have separate "Date Uploaded" and "Date Modified" (or just "Uploaded" and "Modified") columns in the Files section. But changing the current "Uploaded" column label to "Modified" would be OK with me as well.

- Nina

Glenn Glazer

On 3/10/2020 14:21, Duane wrote:
On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 12:16 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Happy to change the label to something else if we can agree on something better.
I think it should be changed to Date Modified.  That could include the original upload, as well any changes caused by moving, copying, etc.  If anyone really needs to know the original upload date/time, they could use the activity log to find it.

That would be better than what we have now, in my opinion.

Duane
PS to Glenn:  Just because no one says anything, doesn't mean there's no opposition.

If a tree falls in a forest...

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 12:16 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Happy to change the label to something else if we can agree on something better.
I think it should be changed to Date Modified.  That could include the original upload, as well any changes caused by moving, copying, etc.  If anyone really needs to know the original upload date/time, they could use the activity log to find it.

Duane
PS to Glenn:  Just because no one says anything, doesn't mean there's no opposition.

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 12:32 PM Glenn Glazer <glenn.glazer@...> wrote:
On 3/5/2020 10:20, Glenn Glazer wrote:

My suggestion would be for two columns: date uploaded and date modified. The first is invariant and never changes, the second changes on re-upload, moves, permission changes, etc.

I am not seeing any opposition to this suggestion.

Personally, I'm not a fan of adding more columns. But I can be convinced otherwise if the group thinks so.

Glenn Glazer

On 3/5/2020 10:16, Mark Fletcher wrote:
[...]

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 10:13 AM Glenn Glazer <glenn.glazer@...> wrote:
I think I've spotted a bug. When a file is moved from one directory to another, the date uploaded changes. I realize this is probably the mtime of the underlying file, but that's not what date uploaded means to me.

Not a bug, in that it's doing exactly what it was coded to do. (also not the mtime of the underlying file).

So, preferably, I would see the original date and time of upload preserved, but alternatively change the label if that's not possible.