moderated Digest change #update

Ann Wild

Thanks, Mark.  This is great change to 6 AM local time.  We had previously been getting the digest at 3:40 AM EST, which didn't fit with the fact that you sent it out at 10:30 PM PST.  The new time will fix any difficulties with overflow messages if we have a digest during the day. No temptation to post at midnight or later :-).

Hi All,

Digests are generated for every 12 messages sent to a group. That has not changed. Digests were also generated at 10:30pm Pacific Time nightly, if one had not been generated in the previous 6 hours and messages had been sent to the group since the last digest. I've just changed that to behave more like summary emails. Now, we force a digest to be created at 6am local time for each subscriber, based on their timezone, if a digest had not been generated in the previous 6 hours and messages had been sent to the group since the last digest.

Thanks, Mark