moderated Activity Log summary for owner/mods #suggestion

Duane

On GMF we've noticed recently that there have been a fair number of questions where the answer could be found by checking the Activity Log for the group.  How about another option under Notifications for owner/mods that would send a summary of the previous 24 hours (since last summary) of the Activity Log?  It wouldn't need to contain details, just a summary of what's happened, but might be a clue to check the details of the log.  It would only need to have a line for any actions that occurred, not for all possibilities (though that's a remote possibility.)  An example:

Activity Log summary for xyz group:

27 members "sent message"
12 messages were "approved"
2 messages were "rejected"
1 person "changed their display name"
1 person "left"
2 people "joined"
1 "added wiki page"
6 "updated wiki page"
3 people "added photo"
and so on.

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 05:28 PM, Duane wrote:
How about another option under Notifications for owner/mods that would send a summary of the previous 24 hours (since last summary) of the Activity Log?
I like this idea, if made optional...perhaps as a new checkbox in the existing Notifications section of a Mod/Owner subscription.

It seems like an expedient way to achieve most of the goals of the long-awaited "notifications overhaul" without attempting to create a separate notification for each and every group activity (which could quickly get out of hand).

Bruce