Topics

moderated Better error when renaming a group #suggestion #done

Duane

We're trying to figure out why a group can't be renamed.  While testing, I noticed that if I tried to rename to an existing name, it says "Cannot contain spaces, pluses, periods, or underscores."  If I try to create a group with an existing name, it says "That address has already been taken.", much more useful.

We've verified that the group also can't be created, but doesn't exist.  Probably because it was once created, then deleted.  If this is the case, I think the error should be "That address is not available."  That should provide a better understanding of the situation.  (Since this suggestion is directly related, I'll just add it here.)

Thank you,
Duane