Topics

moderated Edit photo ownership proposal #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

When someone leaves a group, their photo content is orphaned, and their name is not displayed next to the photo. This is fine, but leads to some confusion when a group Owner/Moderator subsequently goes to the photo edit page and instead of an empty field, sees the Owner pre-populated with the first entry in the pull-down menu.

If the "current" owner is not in the group, I'd prefer that this box contain something like "-- none selected --". In addition, I'd prefer that the pick-list be sorted alphabetically or in some more logical fashion than what is currently used, which appears to be inverse by join date.

Thanks for your consideration.

Bruce

Charles Roberts

I would prefer that when someone leaves the Group that the PHOTOS section, and FILES, and posts etc., not be disturbed.  The original author should be maintained.  Someone might leave the group because they die, but their photo credits should still be there.  If a casual "leaver" wants to take their photos with them, they should delete them before they leave the group..

West Coast Compañeros Staff

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 12:03 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
If the "current" owner is not in the group, I'd prefer that this box contain something like "-- none selected --".
I support Bruce's overall suggestion, but I would use Duane's refined wording from GMF :
"I think either the original owner should be shown (preferred) or it should say unassigned."
That approach also affirms the comment made by Charles Roberts: "The original author should be maintained."

Robert R.