Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

  • CHANGE: Standardized on the term member; we used subscriber and user previously. Several tweaks to the group settings page. Changed NuM to NMM.
  • INTERNAL: Much work to support moving from Elasticsearch 5 to Elasticsearch 7, including optimizations for full reindexing.
  • BUGFIX: Introduced and then fixed a bug that caused errors when trying to join a subgroup.
  • CHANGE: The text when creating a group said that new members would be NuM 2, but the group was created with NuM 1. All new groups are now created with NuM 2.
  • API: Removed sub_group_access from /creategroup endpoint.
  • CHANGE: Removed the Create Subgroups dropdown when creating a new group since subgroups are now a premium feature.
  • INTERNAL: Switched from one SSL certificate for all enterprise domains, to individual certs for each domain.
  • BUGFIX: Changed how we sort messages in the Messages/Expanded messages view to use message created date instead of object date, to account for groups that had messages imported that were not strictly date ordered (or that already had messages in the archives).
  • NEW: Rate limiting joining groups and other things to help detect/prevent the mass subscription attacks we were seeing this week.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mark

Bob Bellizzi

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 08:00 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: The text when creating a group said that new members would be NuM 2, but the group was created with NuM 1. All new groups are now created with NuM 2.
Should that be NMM instead of NuM?

--

Bob Bellizzi

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 11:06 AM Bob Bellizzi <cdfexec@...> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 08:00 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: The text when creating a group said that new members would be NuM 2, but the group was created with NuM 1. All new groups are now created with NuM 2.
Should that be NMM instead of NuM?

It is. I just wrote that part of the #changelog before I changed the terminology everywhere.

On 7 Feb 2020 at 20:00, Mark Fletcher wrote:

[...]

Isn't the second CHANGE in contradiction to the first?

Jim Fisher

--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)

Caught another one: when you try to direct add a banned member, the error message says "banned subscriber"