Topics

moderated Main group members struggling to join subgroup #bug

Bruce Bowman

Mark -- GMF members have recently reported difficulties in voluntarily joining an unrestricted subgroup. When they click the "Join this Group" button on the subgroup home page, it forces them to re-enter their email address, and subsequently complains that the address is already registered with groups.io and they need to log in. This occurs even if they are already logged in under the correct address.

I've confirmed this behavior in my own test group. Unless I'm missing something, it really does seem like a bug.

FYI,
Bruce

Hello,

Yes, this was a bug that I so very thoughtfully introduced on Wednesday as collateral damage from my efforts to deal with the dude who kept trying to subscribe to lots of groups with the bogus yahoo and aol email addresses. It has now been fixed and the offending programmer has been flogged.

Thanks, Mark