Topics

moderated sbcglobal.net blocking us #update

Hi All,

Since yesterday mid-day, sbcglobal.net has been blocking us. I have attempted to contact them, but no response so far. If you are an sbcglobal.net user, I ask that you contact them as well.

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 12:34 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
sbcglobal.net has been blocking us
This also includes the related domains such as att.net  (lots of complaints on GMF about this ;>)

Duane

William Halte

Mark,

My users at prodigy.net are getting the same message as the sbcglobal.net accounts. The error message " ff-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net: 553 5.3.0 flpd575 DNSBL:RBL 521< 66.175.222.12 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this error to abuse_rbl@...".  I have directed my users to contact AT&T as directed by the message.

Hopefully, they will be more responsive then Cox.net in fixing the issue.

Bill

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 11:34 AM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

Since yesterday mid-day, sbcglobal.net has been blocking us. I have attempted to contact them, but no response so far. If you are an sbcglobal.net user, I ask that you contact them as well.

Jim Wilson

There was a post yesterday regarding this discovery on GMF.

The only thing that can be done is to send emails to:

    abuse_rbl AT abuse-att.net <<< (the email address cannot be hot-linked here 🙄)

In your email, you should request that they please whitelist the Groups.io email server, web01.groups.io at 66.175.222.12 because it is a legitimate server used by tens of thousands of users and groups.

The more people who send an email, the sooner it will be resolved, IMHO.

Jim

West Coast Compañeros Staff

Mark & All,

I just received this message from AT&T in response to the complaint I lodged yesterday (2/6/20). I also gave all my AT&T users (att.net, sbcglobal.net, pacbell.net, etc.) some boilerplate text to use to send their own complaints and shared it also with the GMF group. (See https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/29053.) I hope AT&T removes the block sooner than 24-48 hours, but I'm glad that they are at least responsive to our complaints. (I've munged the abuse_rbl e-mail address below.)

Robert R.

Thank you for contacting the AT&T Postmaster.

The mail-server IP address(es) associated with your request will be removed from the block list within 24-48 hours from the date of this letter.  AT&T and its affiliates do NOT intentionally block legitimate mail in the course of our anti-spam initiatives and regret any inconvenience this may have caused.  If the IP that was recently blocked begins to exhibit the characteristics of a compromised network object or is compromised by an offender of Acceptable Use Policies, the IP address will be blocked again.

ADMINISTRATORS:  Please thoroughly check your IP logs before requesting removal.  You must determine that all traffic from the blocked IP is actually from your mail servers to ensure your network is not compromised.  Administrators who fail to do this may experience subsequent and more resolute blocking.

Thank you for helping AT&T Internet Services network combat spam in all its forms.

Regards,

AT&T Postmaster
Chief Security Organization
abuse_rbl@ abuse-att.net