Topics

moderated Inadvertent email #admin

Hi All,

Well, that was dumb. I was testing out an email that I will be sending out shortly to some groups, and through a code screwup, I managed to send it out to many subscribers of this group. If you received an email with the subject that began Members Visible change for main@beta.groups.io, please ignore it.

Thanks, and embarassed. Mark

Gilbert Coville

I received the email and after re-reading it and understanding what it said, I was trying to figure out why I got it! I don’t think any of my groups were set that way (but my test group might have been). Thank you for the clarification.

I do see that the constraint (can’t set Members Visible to subscribers when _not_ restricted membership) is already in place on the settings page. This is a very good solution to the current situation.

Gilbert

On Jan 26, 2020, at 1:41 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Well, that was dumb. I was testing out an email that I will be sending out shortly to some groups, and through a code screwup, I managed to send it out to many subscribers of this group. If you received an email with the subject that began Members Visible change for main@beta.groups.io, please ignore it.

Thanks, and embarassed. Mark

Duane

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 03:41 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Well, that was dumb.
Whew, glad to finally see something to prove that you're only human! ;>)  I still have a lot of admiration for you, and probably always will.

Duane