Changes to the site this week:
- INTERNAL: Cleaned up instances of the same hashtag appearing twice in the topic.
- BUGFIX: If sending to an announcement subgroup where you are not a moderator but you are a moderator of the parent group, the message would bounce.
- BUGFIX: When banning an existing member by entering their email address manually, we did not save their moderator notes, owner messages, etc. Now, it does the same thing as banning a member using the Actions dropdown when viewing the member list.
- NEW: Added another Yahoo hard bounce error code.
- INTERNAL: Rearchitected how we paginate through messages, to be more efficient with the database.
- SYSADMIN: Removed the extra block storage needed during the Yahoo Groups migration.
- MISC: Hired a technical writer to draft a Groups.io manual.
- CHANGE: Removed Canny.io integration.
- BUGFIX: The messages in the mbox file when exporting a group were not in ascending order, as required.
- CHANGE: Optimized drafts database queries.
- MISC: Hired a consulting firm to help with search issues, including member directory search and upgrading our existing cluster.
- CHANGE: Reorganized the Beta group hashtag list. Established a new group charter.
- NEW: In the Hashtags page, added an icon to indicate mods only hashtags.
- INTERNAL: Added some database indices to speed up topic deletion.
- INTERNAL: Optimized several search queries.
Have a good weekend everyone.