Topics

moderated Strange AOL attack? #misc

Duane

There seem to be a lot of new and/or pending members with AOL addresses that follow a pattern, NameNamexxx, coming from someone in NJ at IP 104.xxx.xxx.xxx.  This seems to have started about the 17th.  They never answer Pending notices and never post.  The only thing I can think of is they may be trying to harvest addresses, but it seems like a lot of work for that.  Mark may want to take a look at his logs to see if he can figure out what it is.  (I've changed all my groups to Restricted for the time being, after banning 4 of those accounts.)

I'm only posting this here so that Mark will be aware of it.  The full discussion is at https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/70052673

Duane