Topics

moderated Direct Adds using Premium plan for 1 month as recommended

Darlene Dimitrie <dvhhemail.darlene@...>

Thank you Mark.  I cannot believe how fast you replied.  3 minutes.  That is so uncommon today for support.  I am very impressed!
Well that is great news!
We may end up on Premium anyway because I really like the next three features on the list.
We haven't tried a lot of the other things like events, calendar yet.
Also the database mapping feature sounds awesome since this is a genealogy group and our databases will definitely hold villages by name or co-ordinates.
I can see uses for reposting too.
Again, thank you for that clarification.
Darlene
p.s. off-topic - I used to deal with a Mark Fletcher at Nortel/Avaya who is an expert in 911 PSAPs (Public Service Access Points).  I know that isn't you.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 6:20 PM Darlene Dimitrie via Groups.Io <dvhhemail.darlene=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

So one of the things I saw somewhere, I think in the GMF mailing list and/or the website is that it is recommended to go to the Premium level on the 1 month plan and you will be reverted back to Basic after 30 days.  Does this still work with the new prices and policies?

Yes, that advice is good.

We are grandfathered to have subgroups since we subscribed before whatever date the deadline was, so if we go to Premiums for 1 month, then revert back to Basic, do we lose the subgroups?

No you do not lose the subgroups because your group was created before this coming Wednesday at 9AM Pacific Time.

Mark

Darlene Dimitrie <dvhhemail.darlene@...>

I know that the pricing and some policies around downgrading you plan just changed.  I have read several of these trying to figure out how this will affect what am looking into.

Here's the situation:
Created new group on Jan 9 at Basic level, figured would move to Premium when/if I found a reason to do it.
Have been adding users mostly by Invites.  There are some issues as many of our members want the simplicity they had with Rootsweb mailing lists, where basically all you do is send and receive posts.  I'm glossing over details of how they subscribe, some are subscribed manually by me, but most people use the special email address used to subscribe.  They do not want to have to create an account at all or use it.  Not everyone, but many.  We have added about 70 subscribers via invite, but with a lot of pitfalls and lots of one-on-one explaining.
So one of the things I saw somewhere, I think in the GMF mailing list and/or the website is that it is recommended to go to the Premium level on the 1 month plan and you will be reverted back to Basic after 30 days.  Does this still work with the new prices and policies?
We are grandfathered to have subgroups since we subscribed before whatever date the deadline was, so if we go to Premiums for 1 month, then revert back to Basic, do we lose the subgroups?
I apologize, I know this question has been asked in various forms already, but I am getting confused by all the variations in the questions.

Darlene