Topics

moderated DNS issue, now fixed #downtime

Duane

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 05:47 AM, Al Ludwick / NN4ZZ wrote:
When there is a rare event that prevents Groups.io from being accessed, is there another place to see the outage status?
A couple that I know of and use:
https://twitter.com/groupsio
http://status.groups.io/
 Of course, Mark has to be aware of the problem and post something. The second one wasn't available during the DNS problem.  It also doesn't show any problems from yesterday, so not sure how useful it is.

Duane

Al Ludwick / NN4ZZ

Mark,
When there is a rare event that prevents Groups.io from being accessed, is there another place to see the outage status?  For example:

  • twitter
  • facebook
  • etc
Thanks Al

Ellen Moody

Thank you for letting us know, Mark.  Ellen

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 11:06 AM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

It looks like a couple hours ago both our DNS servers just stopped working, for reasons I don't know yet. This caused problems accessing the site. The machines have been rebooted and access to the site should be back to normal. I'll be investigating why this happened (it's never happened before...) and figuring out some additional monitoring to check for this in the future.