Topics

moderated Subalbums in Photos

It would be nice to have the option to create subalbums in the photo section.
Victoria

RCardona

I have made this request before as well.

Not sure why subfolders are allowed for files, but not photos.

> It would be nice to have the option to create subalbums in the photo section.
> Victoria

I concur with this.
Dano

lloyd lehrer

Why dont you just create a subgroup for photos

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020, 3:20 PM D R Stinson <dano@...> wrote:
> It would be nice to have the option to create subalbums in the photo section.
> Victoria

I concur with this.
Dano

RCardona

Shouldn't be necessary and won't address the issue.  Photos and Files should each have the capacity to organize in subfolders.  Subfolders are an important tool to organize, which photos simply doesn't have.  This is the 4th iteration of this feature request.

R. Cardona

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 07:37 PM, lloyd lehrer wrote:
Why dont you just create a subgroup for photos

lloyd lehrer,

Ginny T.

I agree that this would be a very useful addition.
Ginny

--
Ginny T.  gttemari21@...
========

outlawmws

Another Vote for Photo Sub-folders.  This is the digital age and the concept that "you only need one shelf full of albums" is out of step with the reality of the digital age.

Years back Yahoo (from the precursor of Clubs) HAD sub-folders for albums.  I carefully sorted through all the menagerie of albums and cataloged things (Lathes, Mills, "other" tools, etc.  Then got into the brands.  It was Stupendous!

Then Yahell flattened structure and destroyed it all.  NOW you couldn't find ANYTHING and we had so many folders "all in one place you could not even find a particular album (pages and pages of albums...)

All because some propeller head at Yahell decided to get cute and "make things simple!"... Clearly had no clue what the impact was, nor the limitations they had just placed on the picture repositories...

Digital age; digital photos;   This NEEDS proper digital storage and organization.

The reality is, we don't even need them named as "Albums".  its archaic...  Folders, directories, what ever you call them, its a mechanism for CATALOGING.  They are not "Albums"...

   -Outlaw

Donald Hellen

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 16:44:08 -0800, "outlawmws via Groups.Io"
<Outlawmws=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Digital age; digital photos; This NEEDS proper digital storage and organization.
My basic group has photo albums with photos organized by album title.
What is it that you wish to be different?

Agreed, I don't care for the title "albums," but it works for my
group, yet I enabled the option for photos in the files section
because it might make sense to have a project with text files and
photos both in the same folder. Or for folders within folders for
photos. So we have both options to choose from.

Donald

https://groups.io/g/ICOM
https://groups.io/g/Ham-Antennas
https://groups.io/g/HamRadioHelp

RCardona

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 08:00 PM, Donald Hellen wrote:
My basic group has photo albums with photos organized by album title.
What is it that you wish to be different?
We are requesting that there be folders within folders.  For example, if you have a main folder for a particular country's photos, you could organize sub-folders for each city and then have sub-sub-folders for locations of interest in each city.

Currently, there is only a main folder and all photos randomly dumped into this single folder.  Wholly inadequate for proper organization.  Frankly, it's shocking the lack of organization for photos wasn't built into the structure of groups.io, like there is for data folders.

RC

txercoupemuseum.org

I would also like to have the option of subfolders in Photos.

WRB, Owner

—

On Jan 14, 2020, at 5:29 PM, Ginny T. <gttemari21@...> wrote:

I agree that this would be a very useful addition.
Ginny

--
Ginny T.  gttemari21@...
========
TemariKai.com
_._,_._,_

Ben Stuyts

Yes! I've asked about this too.

I currently prefix each album with a topic name, at least that keeps it organised somewhat.

Ben