Topics

moderated Search capability for Calendar #suggestion

I've just started using Groups.io as a way to publicize acoustic guitar events in the SF Bay Area. While using the Calendar, I was sad not to find a way to search for (say) a venue or performer's name. Could a search facility be added?

-r

Duane

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 11:48 AM, Rich Morin wrote:
While using the Calendar, I was sad not to find a way to search for (say) a venue or performer's name. Could a search facility be added?
I can see where you might want to do that directly.  In the meantime, if you're sending an invitation to the group when you post the event, they can search for it in the message archive as long as the information is included in the event description.

Duane

Since we list a lot of events each month, posting a message for each one could annoy the members. So, we mostly post a monthly summary, plus special announcements for late arrivals.

-r

On Jan 6, 2020, at 10:18, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

... if you're sending an invitation to the group when you post the event, they can search for it in the message archive as long as the information is included in the event description.

Andy Wedge

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 05:48 PM, Rich Morin wrote:
Could a search facility be added?
I thought I'd add my voice to this to try and get it pushed up the priority list.

Andy