moderated @ Susan B/renaming-thread

ro-esp

2b. Re: renaming GMF
From: Susan B <doggiesmail@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 22:26:36 CET
Could we stop discussing changing this group’s name and go back to discussions of groups.io issues? I think it is past time for Mark to close this thread!!

Susan, a thread ends when nobody contributes to it anymore. Netiquette says that you don't have a discussion about whether to discuss a topic, and especially not on-list

On groups.io, if you are fed up with a thread, you can simply click "mute this topic", and be done with it

groetjes, Ronaldo

Ronaldo

One can also close the thread, as Mark has done on others.
And PS I’ve been moderating and owning for 27 years.

Susan B

2b. Re: renaming GMF
From: Susan B <doggiesmail@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 22:26:36 CET

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 04:09 PM, Susan B wrote:

Ronaldo

One can also close the thread, as Mark has done on others.
Sure, that's HIS prerogative as owner/moderator, and people can contact the mods OFFLIST about such things.

My point is that nobody is interested in discussions about whether to have a discussion.
Those interested will follow a thread, those not interested won't follow or will hit the mute-button.
As long as it's on-topic for the group. the mods won't mind.

I hope nobody will reply to this message

groetjes, Ronaldo

Why yes it is his prerogative! And he almost immediately closed the thread! 😃 so fortunately there is no need for you to continue to bring up your points!

Susan B