Topics

moderated Breaking out calendar event reminders to send at a specific time vice other messages sent as a digest/daily summary

Howard Waxman, WZ4K

I always receive an event reminder 1 day late - apparently due to my Digested email setting for that group. Since I don't own the event/group I'm unable to adjust the reminder settings. Can the ability to break out Calendar Event reminders so they are received timely be added v. other messages that would be received only in the daily digest? This is having a measurable effect on event participation. Being able to break out calendar event reminders would help this issue. Perhaps there is a setting the event/calendar owner can set for events already to override Subscription  Digested.Daily messages? I don't see such an option. Do Special Notices override Digested/Daily summary Settings? Thanks for your support, Howard

Duane

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 09:27 AM, Howard Waxman, WZ4K wrote:
I always receive an event reminder 1 day late - apparently due to my Digested email setting for that group.
If the reminder is set to be sent sooner, it would come out in the digest from the previous day.  Sometimes the digest isn't considered by the person setting the reminder, so they set it for 5 minutes instead of 1 or 2 days.

Duane

Howard Waxman, WZ4K

Thank you Duane, Yes, on the groups/events I own I have the reminder set to the day before the event to mitigate this issue. That is not as effective as getting the reminder, say, 30 minutes before the event - thus my request/suggestion.