Topics

moderated Sent Invitations list has inconsistent results when sorted

Glenn

Doing a manual migration of a Yahoo group, and trying to track which members have accepted, and so the Sent Invitations, sorted by Status, seemed to be a great way to go.

But there are duplicate entries, and missing entries. The right number of Accepted status entries in total, as compared to the default sorted-by-email list.

So I had to resort to copy/pasting them all to a spreadsheet, and sorting by status there, to get the complete list of Accepted (so far) folks.

1. Would be nice if we could just download the list as a TSV or CSV some spreadsheet format
2. Would be nice if the Status sort produced correct results online.
3. I didn't check the sort-by-Invited list for accuracy, but that column is a misnomer... it starts out as the invited date, but then updates to the Failed or Accepted date: which is useful, but not quite an accurate column name. It seems to really be the "date of last status".

Glenn

In the same vein,

4. Would be nice to download the current members list as a TSV with names and emails.  That's what I really was looking for.

Duane

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:03 PM, Glenn wrote:
4. Would be nice to download the current members list as a TSV with names and emails.  That's what I really was looking for.
You can do that into a CSV using the Download button at the top of the Members page, then manipulate as you want.

You should probably ask about things like this on GMF to make sure they don't exist before requesting features on the beta group (which is what it's supposed to be used for, per the group description.)  The only item I see on your list that really belongs on this group is #1, but possibly #3 as well.  The sorting problem on the Invite page should be reported to support@groups.io as a bug, though I wasn't able to duplicate it.  I also didn't see duplicate or missing entries, but don't have very many invites on my group since I usually delete them as they're accepted.

Duane

Glenn

Thanks. I missed the download button, and in fact, got confused at the Members page due to "Pending Members" hiding the "Members list" when I was looking for the above info.

Didn't know about support@groups.io, will report it there. Still a newbie here. Did know about GMF, but hadn't figured out all the protocol: So ask for help at GMF, report bugs to support@groups.io, and request new features here?

The bug is what brought me here for this stream of discussion, not knowing about support@....

Duane

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 03:17 AM, Glenn wrote:
So ask for help at GMF, report bugs to support@groups.io, and request new features here?
Those are the preferred options.  We sometimes hash over possible new features on GMF in an attempt to nail down what's needed and avoid clutter here, but starting here is also acceptable I believe.  (For Premium groups, the new Feature Request site can be used, https://groupsio.canny.io/, also see https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/23137)  If a bug is easily reproduced, going directly to support is best.  It doesn't hurt to ask about them on GMF, in case someone has a temporary work-around to get you by until it's fixed.

Duane