Topics

moderated Feature request: Cover photo in group message header

Scott Thayer

As a new owner, I suddenly find myself receiving messages from five groups, which are visually indistinct.  I've set some to Daily Summary, which should help.  But it would be aesthetically pleasing as well as helpful if a group's message headers contained the group's cover photo (or logo, if a group has one) to supplement the Gio logo which already appears there.  As someone else pointed out a few days ago, few members actually go to the group's cover page, which is where the photo currently appears.

Chris Jones

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 03:12 PM, Scott Thayer wrote:
I suddenly find myself receiving messages from five groups, which are visually indistinct.
Are they? IME it only takes a brief glance at the "From" address or Subject Line to determine the group from which any given message has come.

Chris

Bruce Wilson

I would suggest you set up mailboxes/folders for each group and message filters to sort your incoming emails.  Easy to do

Bruce Wilson
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Life Member NMRA
Member Scale 7 Group Gauge 0 Guild 7mmNGA
Member Bird Studies Canada Ontario Bird Banding Association
Nature Barrie Simcoe County Banding Group

On 12/16/2019 08:37, Scott Thayer wrote:
As a new owner, I suddenly find myself receiving messages from five groups, which are visually indistinct.  I've set some to Daily Summary, which should help.  But it would be aesthetically pleasing as well as helpful if a group's message headers contained the group's cover photo (or logo, if a group has one) to supplement the Gio logo which already appears there.  As someone else pointed out a few days ago, few members actually go to the group's cover page, which is where the photo currently appears.

Ken Schweizer

Wouldn't this exponentially increase the group's usage depending on the size of the group's cover photo? It would seem to me that this would mandate a large increase in server needs and associated costs.

Ken

“You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” ―Chuck Yeager