moderated Themes #suggestion

Al Arca <vet@...>

It would be nice to have different themes for display options. This blue is pretty boring for me.

Duane

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 07:27 PM, Al Arca wrote:
It would be nice to have different themes for display options. This blue is pretty boring for me.
I think that's available.  All you have to do is upgraded to Enterprise - "Fully customizable home page".  I'd think it would apply to other pages of your group as well.

I wouldn't want much, if any, color change allowed to each group.  It would be very confusing to tell someone to click on the blue button if their group uses green buttons, etc.

Duane
(Doing fine with almost 5 years of blue theme.)

Frances

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 08:27 PM, Al Arca wrote:
It would be nice to have different themes for display options. This blue is pretty boring for me.

I am happy with the current blue theme. If I remember correctly, there was quite a debate here on Beta about the look!

Each of my groups has a distinct cover photo and even an icon for mobile use and for the group feed. In other words, each group looks a little different.

Frances

Rol

Color preferences are very personal!

Also colors can help differentiate things.

At one time I had several groups on YahooGropes [spelling intended] and I used different color themes to make it quick and easy to recognize which group I was administering.

Of course I tend to like bright colors, especially greens!  I almost lost a board member of one group over that on our website!

Also colors can help differentiate things.

At one time I had several groups ... and I used different
color themes to make it quick and easy to recognize
which group I was administering.
You can also set a color theme by the background color of the graphic that you use as a cover image. Remember, that doesn't have to be a photo. One can create an appropriately sized graphic in another program and then export it as a JPG to be used by groups.io .

Dano