Topics

moderated e-mail subscription change for ALL groups at one time #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Someone just recently asked if there was a way to change the subscription status to "No email" for all groups they are subscribed to with one action.  After digging around, I cannot find a mechanism to do this.

One can send e-mail messages cyclically to all the groups to which one is subscribed or one can use the "Manage My Subscriptions" page, cycling through each group's delivery link and circling back to the "MMS" page for each group.

There are times, though, when someone may wish to put all their groups that have any sort of e-mail subscription "on hold," either temporarily - much like a vacation stop for real postal mail - or permanently.

It would be nice if there were a way to do this for all groups at once, and to include a date option that would allow the hold to run only through a given date, or to remain in force until one would come in and turn it back off if the date is not specified.  It would be really nice if all of the original delivery options were remembered for when the hold is turned off, whether manually or via the deadline date having been reached.

--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1709, Build 16299   (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)
    ~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's

Jujube <ellaxyu@...>

I think this is a great idea and it shouldn't be too hind to implement.