From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Ward
Sent: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 12:54 AM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: [beta] Our yahoo group has no owner; is "easy" transfer possible? #transfer

Our small yahoo group (203 members) ran just fine, and nobody noticed that the Owner wasn't active until quite a while after Yahoo deleted his account.

Our one existing Moderator says he doesn't have the power to upgrade transfer@groups.io to Moderator status. Is there any other way to do a transfer? I've already downloaded all the contents from the group, and rebuilt most of it in the new group, but it would be good if the 5500 messages were readable along with the new ones coming in to the groups.io group.

-Mike

Donald Hellen

Michael,

Read the most recent posts in the YAHOO group manager's forum. There
will be a way but it's not ready yet.

Donald

On Tue, 03 Dec 2019 16:53:35 -0800, "Michael Ward"
<@magscanner> wrote:

Our small yahoo group (203 members) ran just fine, and nobody noticed that the Owner wasn't active until quite a while after Yahoo deleted his account.

Our one existing Moderator says he doesn't have the power to upgrade transfer@groups.io to Moderator status. Is there any other way to do a transfer? I've already downloaded all the contents from the group, and rebuilt most of it in the new group, but it would be good if the 5500 messages were readable along with the new ones coming in to the groups.io group.

-Mike

Join the Icom group, a general Icom (amateur radio) discussion
group on Groups.io:
https://groups.io/g/ICOM (recently launched, growing slowly)
**also, a new self-help group dedicated to your cat's health:
https://groups.io/g/CatVet (just launched)