Topics

moderated Another Yahoo Groups outage

Thomas Gruber

Hi,
you can use Mozilla Thunderbird to handle MBOX files - but many other email programs will also open that I think.
Thomas

Bruce Bowman

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 06:40 PM, Leslie Donovan wrote:
Hope you saw this from Bruce. Good luck!
Leslie --- Although no harm was done, I ask that you please refrain from cross-posting my messages (or anyone else's) without permission.

Thank you,
Bruce

Donald Hellen

Diane . . .

On Tue, 03 Dec 2019 03:55:45 -0800, "Yahoo Archive"
<diane@...> wrote:

As regards PGO-2-GIO it is my understanding that, for clearly obvious reasons, this will not go live until the Dec 14th YG cutoff OR it becomes impossible to move a group from YG to groups.io using the existing transfer facility provided by groups.io.

I and a few others are working with beta versions of this program.
(I've worked with the developer before and he's a really nice guy.) It
will be set up to transfer groups' data but I can't say yet if you
uploaded all the messages you archived up until now if you can still
update it if there are more messages up until Dec 14. It will be
limited to a certain number of messages per group depending on the
license terms you pay for. I don't have the $ figures but they were
posted here or in one of the GMF groups.

Yahoo said they were cutting off new things going into the archive in
late October I think but I still see new messages appearing so I run a
catch-up on those groups to keep the messages current, rather than
wait until Dec 14, since we don't know if Yahoo will hiccup at the
wrong time and we won't be able to get those last few messages, ever.

You will need PG Offline to back up your group data (messages, photos,
files). Get that first and get started so that you're ready to upload
them all when the time comes. Then you'll use the message archive and
data you gathered to upload with the new program to a subgroup in your
new group.

Alternatively, you can start a new group and not invite any members
and set yourself to receive no mail, then cut loose and fill up the
group first with the old messages, then open it to new members and set
yourself back to receive new posts. (If you're not set to nomail for
the group or subgroup, expect thousands of messages in your inbox!)

Donald

Join the Icom group, a general Icom (amateur radio) discussion
group on Groups.io:
https://groups.io/g/ICOM (recently launched, growing slowly)
**also, a new self-help group dedicated to your cat's health:
https://groups.io/g/CatVet (just launched)

Yahoo Archive

As regards PGO-2-GIO it is my understanding that, for clearly obvious reasons, this will not go live until the Dec 14th YG cutoff OR it becomes impossible to move a group from YG to groups.io using the existing transfer facility provided by groups.io.

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 06:52 PM, Alisdair MacRae Birch wrote:
the zip file contains all the data (posts, files, photos etc) from
all the groups that I was ever subscribed to
That's actually somewhat scary!
I'm curious to see if I ever get anything. I requested the contents of the
groups I belonged to, including one group that Yahoo later said didn't
exist. Anymore, I'm convinced Yahoo could screw up an anvil.

Then again, pessimists get a lot of nice surprises. We'll see!
I was a little surprised that I did get the files. The first file was 947 Mb and the second was 1.8 GB. Most frustrating was the fact there was no record of the group that Yahoo now insists didn't exist.

Does anyone have recommendations for an MBOX reader?

Dano

Leslie Donovan

Patty--

Hope you saw this from Bruce. Good luck!

Warmly,
Leslie

Bruce Bowman bruce.bowman@... via groups.io
7:01 AM (8 hours ago)

to GroupManagersForum

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 01:48 AM, Mark (via Frances) wrote:
Therefore, I have turned back on group transfer requests and have extended the deadline until Thursday, December 5th at 9AM Pacific Time. Keep your fingers crossed that Yahoo's servers stay up that long.
To be totally clear:

This means you have to GIVE THE GO-AHEAD for your transfer (complete Step 5) by this deadline. Simply initiating a transfer, or paying for Premium Yearly, or completing any of those other preliminary steps will not ensure you a spot in the transfer queue.

Do not procrastinate...get started on this NOW, so the delays involved in inviting the transfer agent and making it a Moderator do not come into play.

Those who have paid but are not able to execute an Easy Group Transfer will issued a refund upon request. Just email Mark at support@groups.io and he will refund your money and delete your group.

Bruce
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#25184) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 07:38 AM, Adrian Groenendyk wrote:

I was successful at downloading all Yahoo email using PGO4. Do you have a link for PGO-2-GIO so I can move the mail to groups.io?

FYI, I have no idea how this product works, or whether it works at all.

Mark

Laurence Marks <marks@...>

On Monday, December 2, 2019, 10:39:11 AM EST, Adrian Groenendyk <amgroene1@...> wrote:

Hi,

I was successful at downloading all Yahoo email using PGO4.  Do you have a link for PGO-2-GIO so I can move the mail to groups.io?

Thanks,

Adrian

Send an email to info at personalgroupware.com

  ,_._,_

--
Larry Marks

Leeni

Kudos should be going to Mark for helping y'all get out of the mess that you let yourselves get into.