moderated membership administration

Dave

Locating an entry in the membership list is not very intuitive.  Scrolling through a list of >2600 entries is rather tedious.  Is there a search procedure available?

Thank you.

David
linuxham, nbems owner

On 10 Nov 2017, at 12:16, Dave <w1hkj@...> wrote:

Locating an entry in the membership list is not very intuitive.  Scrolling through a list of >2600 entries is rather tedious.  Is there a search procedure available?

Top of the page in ‘Members’ - there is a Search box.

kind regards

Nick
__

dUNMUR | member of the AOP

Dave

Thank you Nick.  I was looking at the Directory listing.  Right church, wrong pew.

David

On 10 Nov 2017, at 14:33, Dave <w1hkj@...> wrote:

 I was looking at the Directory listing.  Right church, wrong pew.

:-)

kind regards

Nick
__

dUNMUR | member of the AOP

David,

I was looking at the Directory listing.
Which brings up a different suggestion: Add a search box to the Directory.

One wouldn't be able to search by email address (unless you're moderate the group, perhaps), but one could at least search by the visible name and the available (by hover) @user name.

Perhaps also by field contents within the member's profile. And perhaps there could be a Filter tool to limit the results to a join date or date range. A Filter tool for the Members list too, while we're at it.

All in the name of consistency (Hi Mark!) -- after all the Directory is just another list of content items with metadata.

Shal

--
https://groups.io/g/Group_Help
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum