Topics

moderated Unplanned downtime #outage

Hi All,

Hopefully you didn't notice, but the site was down for about 15 minutes. It was a case of a database upgrade that was supposed to take a couple of seconds taking much much longer than that. I'm still looking into exactly what happened. But I apologize for the downtime.

Donald Hellen

Mark,

A 15 minute outage is almost nothing to most of us. It's pretty quick
maintenance in my book, and much better than when Yahoo went down for
maintenance or fixes.

Donald

On Fri, 3 Nov 2017 14:36:12 -0700, "Mark Fletcher"
<markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hopefully you didn't notice, but the site was down for about 15 minutes. It was a case of a database upgrade that was supposed to take a couple of seconds taking much much longer than that. I'm still looking into exactly what happened. But I apologize for the downtime.
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who
speak it. --George Orwell

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

So Mark, does this mean that we are still going down tonight for the hour that you talked about before?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 3, 2017, at 4:36 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Hopefully you didn't notice, but the site was down for about 15 minutes. It was a case of a database upgrade that was supposed to take a couple of seconds taking much much longer than that. I'm still looking into exactly what happened. But I apologize for the downtime.

Joseph,
That was cancelled. Mark did it on the fly instead. 😊

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...> wrote:
So Mark, does this mean that we are still going down tonight for the hour that you talked about before?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 3, 2017, at 4:36 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Hopefully you didn't notice, but the site was down for about 15 minutes. It was a case of a database upgrade that was supposed to take a couple of seconds taking much much longer than that. I'm still looking into exactly what happened. But I apologize for the downtime.

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Oh okay, thanks for letting me know. I haven't made it all the way through my email so this is much appreciated.

On Nov 3, 2017, at 9:39 PM, J_Catlady <@J_Catlady> wrote:

Joseph,
That was cancelled. Mark did it on the fly instead. 😊

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...> wrote:
So Mark, does this mean that we are still going down tonight for the hour that you talked about before?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 3, 2017, at 4:36 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Hopefully you didn't notice, but the site was down for about 15 minutes. It was a case of a database upgrade that was supposed to take a couple of seconds taking much much longer than that. I'm still looking into exactly what happened. But I apologize for the downtime.

Ginny T.

What downtime? :>)

--
Ginny T.  gttemari21@...