Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

  • CHANGE: In the /leave flow, do not show the resubscribe link.
  • INTERNAL: Relaxed requirement that the person paying for a group must be a member of that group.
  • CHANGE: When viewing a member's subgroup subscriptions, show 'Pending' next to pending subs.
  • SYSADMIN: Tested database backups.
  • BUGFIX: Search wasn't properly handling multi-byte characters in query strings.
  • BUGFIX: When approving/rejecting a pending message in a subgroup, we weren't allowing people who weren't moderators of the subgroup but who were moderators of the parent group to do so.
  • CHANGE: Don't index Enterprise groups in the group search.
  • CHANGE: No longer delete any pending messages from someone when they unsubscribe. Also, display a notice that they are not a subscriber when viewing their pending messages.
  • CHANGE: Added 'Topic Options' speech tag for topic actions dropdown.
  • BUGFIX: Searching within a specific thread did not always work.
  • BUGFIX: Searching within attachments didn't always work.
  • BUGFIX: Deleting attachments would not delete them from the new search.
  • CHANGE: Calendar event reminders now are sent as coming from the group itself instead of a noreply@ address.
  • BUGFIX: Don't show the 'Private' button when replying to a system message like a calendar event notice.
  • BUGFIX: Bulk remove was only working for premium groups. Fixed.
  • BUGFIX: The wrong email command address was listed in the Help email for switching to special notices only.
  • NEW: Updates to the help section for the new hashtag options.
  • NEW: New API endpoint /creategroup along with additional options for /createsubgroup.
  • CHANGE: Some broken emails have an empty text/plain part but a real text/html part that unfortunately is tagged 'Content-Disposition: attachment'. For this specific instance, we now ignore that and use the text/html part when displaying the message.
  • BUGFIX: Deleting a single/multi-choice option in a table when someone has already selected that option caused the display of the table to break.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed a file descriptor leak in the code that talks with the search cluster.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Mark

Douglas M.

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 05:14 pm, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: Calendar event reminders now are sent as coming from the group itself instead of a noreply@ address.
NO NO NO NO NO!  This is one of the reasons I switched from Y!Groups.  When event notices/reminders are sent out that require an RSVP I want them to either use the directions specified in the notice or to hit the RSVP link, if provided.  Lazy and confused readers often just hit reply which then sends everyone a notice saying they are want to RSVP (or have a question or whatever) and this causes people to unsubscribe due to too many messages clogging their mail.  Using a noreply address was working SOOOOOOOO nice.  I was wondering why I started getting these irritating replies like I used to.  WHY did you change this???  Could it at least be an option to choose when you add a calendar entry or in settings?????.

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Douglas M. <dmpublic@...> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 05:14 pm, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: Calendar event reminders now are sent as coming from the group itself instead of a noreply@ address.
NO NO NO NO NO!  This is one of the reasons I switched from Y!Groups.  When event notices/reminders are sent out that require an RSVP I want them to either use the directions specified in the notice or to hit the RSVP link, if provided.

One way to prevent responses to calendar reminders is to edit the #cal-reminder hashtag, which all reminders are tagged with. Check the 'Locked' option, and no one will be able to reply.

Hope this helps.
Mark

Douglas M.

I'll give it a try!  Thanks.