Topics

moderated New search is live

Hi All,

The new search is live. The main difference you might notice is that there's now a filter button for messages, which lets you set the date range. Also, the search is better than the old search....

Lots of fresh code; please let me know if you see anything weird.

Thanks for your patience. I will now endeavor to work through the backlog of other things I've let pile up recently. :-)

Bob Bellizzi

Don't know if this is a byblow of new search but:

When viewing a message in Messages mode
Click More1 - 20 of 15060
Click View all posts by  this member

Results for several different members, even after starting a new Chrome window, or refreshing screen in seeing something like
seeing in the upper right corner of desktop screen "
It even shows mine total like that

--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

Hi Bob,

Good catch. Show posts by this member should now be fixed.

Bob Bellizzi

Thanks Mark,

Looks great to me. Now there's only 591 for me.  Not including previouw 16+ years if egroups, ecircles, ygroups

--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

Another little glitch. Clicking on a hashtag name, either on the hashtag page or the hashtag itself, doesn't find any, though the hashtag page says there are topics.

Duane

Hi Duane,

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 7:36 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
Another little glitch.  Clicking on a hashtag name, either on the hashtag page or the hashtag itself, doesn't find any, though the hashtag page says there are topics.

This should be fixed now.

Mark,

The new search is live. The main difference you might notice is that
there's now a filter button for messages, which lets you set the date
range.
Very cool!

Can't wait for the filter pane to expand with other meta data filters. "Following", "Muted", "Posted by me", "Posted by ...", "# of replies", "Liked by me", "# of likes (by anyone)", "Locked", "Moderated", "Special Notice", "Edited", "Has Attachments" ...

Ok, maybe I'm getting greedy. But I say if it's meta data, it's filter fodder.

Shal

--
https://groups.io/g/Group_Help
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

Bob Bellizzi

One additional feature on Search that i feel would really be useful is to add to the tools would be to add a radio button that allows one to Exclude the body of the messages so that we could search only on the signatures which are very important in our groups.
I  was going  to send this directly to support@ but decided that I prefer looking for a flogging here first.<g>
--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

Benoît Dumeaux

Other idea option to search only in title of topics.