Topics

moderated Yahoo transfers are working again

Hi All,

It appears that whatever was ailing Yahoo has been (mostly) fixed, and I'm able to complete group transfers again. I've re-enabled new transfer requests. Fingers crossed Yahoo stays up for awhile.

Needless to say, if you're thinking of transferring your group, I'd seize the moment.

Maria Lazzarino

It sure is Mark!! THANK YOU THANK YOU - i just got the msg from you all about our new group, and I see messages and members YAY! . Question - thoughts on what to do with the 'old' group? Do I shut it down? This is all new to me. I'm worried people will still send messages to there...thanks again!

Ali

Mark

That's Great, hopefully it stays fixed! 😀 I am assuming that my "Easy Yahoo Group Transfer Setup" for the sites submitted says "We've received the invite to your group and will accept it soon. There is no need to send another invite." and heard nothing else is because you are dealing with a backlog? I am sure your fully overloaded, so don't mean to pester you, I'm asking just to make sure I don't need to do anything else, but wait for your response, and for those who are wondering the same thing! 😀

Thanks

-A

Gilbert Coville

Maria,

A common solution is to change your old yahoo group to 100% moderated. Then, if anyone writes to the old group, you can gently remind them that the group has moved to groups.io.

Gilbert

On Nov 26, 2019, at 8:01 PM, Maria Lazzarino <manager@...> wrote:

It sure is Mark!! THANK YOU THANK YOU - i just got the msg from you all about our new group, and I see messages and members YAY! . Question - thoughts on what to do with the 'old' group? Do I shut it down? This is all new to me. I'm worried people will still send messages to there...thanks again!

Ann Goodspeed <Goodspeedanne@...>

They sure are!  Thank you so much Mark and everyone else who answered my questions, my groups move is complete!

Ann Goodspeed