Topics

moderated Invitations to Yahoogroups

Simon Hedges

Hi,

I’m having problems inviting transfer@groups.io to my Yahoogroups – I’ve tried repeatedly over several days, but it throws up an error each time.  Are others having issues with this?

Simon

bschwerer@...

Our group was having this issue.  The original owner who was not involved upgraded the moderator to owner, but some permissions were left unset.  Eventually the original owner got around to enabling "invite" permissions to the moderator and they were able to invite.  She had several timeouts on links though.  The transfer agent still hasn't joined yet.  And we still need to upgrade to premium to get the transfer if the issues clear up

Roger Colwell

If it helps at all, Simon, I did a test earlier today to invite a new member to one of my old Yahoo groups, then promote that person to moderator. I did this experiment only to see why so many Yahoo group owners are having issues at present; I concede that their services are extremely flaky at present and maybe I was lucky in completing the following:

At first, I tried sending the invite logged into my Yahoo group on my Windows 10 PC; the first snag was I couldn't send the invitation as all I got were errors — I was using username@.... Then I tried the strategy that I used in the past when inviting transfer@groups.io which is: GIO Transfer <transfer@groups.io> and this was accepted on first attempt. Which format have you been trying?

Following receipt of the invitation I found it necessary to create a new Yahoo account for username@... which I did on my Mac (in order to stay logged in on my PC). I was able to setup a new account using that non-Yahoo address and then I tried to register with my Yahoo Group. It wouldn't complete using Firefox; it wouldn't complete using Safari! In the end, I tried registering on my PC using Firefox and it worked first attempt!

I hope this may be of use to other struggling owner/admins ...

Roger

The transfer agent still hasn't joined yet.  And we still need to upgrade to premium to get the transfer if the issues clear up
The instructions say to upgrade first, then invite.  Doing things out of order is not a good start.  Detailed instructions can be found at https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/24431

Duane

Janis

Another way:

When inviting groups.io, check mark the box for the option to add to email list only.
Groups.io will be sent an invite to accept.  Change the new member, Groups.io mail delivery to no email  and promote to moderator.

This should work to give Mark access.  But Yahoo is erroring out, and unbelievably slow this week. It kept dragging its feet between pages yesterday and would time out and show the sign in page.  I would hit the back button and was still.signed in and continued.  See the transfer request page!

Myron Walters

I hadthe same problem with invites. I was able to refresh the page and then the invite worked.  I had to use the same solution when I set transfer@groups.io moderator.