Topics

locked Bulk operations for hashtags #suggestion

Green Fizzpops

Edited

Would it be possible to have bulk operation functionality for moderators applying hashtags?

For example
I have been searching for all threads with the words "Intro", "Introduction" "new member" etc in the topic and then individually going into each one and typing #intro into the subject. It is exhausting on a 10 year old message archive.

It would be really useful to be able to select the threads I want from search results, and then choose a hashtag to apply from a dropdown list of currently defined hashtags.

Regards
Green

Green Fizzpops

170 #intro tags applied individually. A dozen more tags to go.
Bulk hashtag tools would be super useful for mods like me who want to utilise the power of hashtags and have large transferred archives full of buried useful info.

[Edited Message Follows]

Benoît Dumeaux <dread_axefr@...>

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 02:18 am, Green Fizzpops <@greenfizzpops> wrote:

170 #intro tags applied individually. A dozen more tags to go.
Bulk hashtag tools would be super useful for mods like me who want to
utilise the power of hashtags and have large transferred archives full of
buried useful info.
+1

Benoît Dumeaux <dread_axefr@...>

The bulk actions are important for groups transferred.