moderated I'd like to be able to delete the most recent edit

Mark,

In GMF, J wrote:

This gets tricky because you can't ever delete the most current edit.
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/2366

To my surprise, this appears to be true. When viewing the current (topmost) edit of a message the More menu contains "Delete this Message" (which does what it says) but not "Delete this Edit".

The use case here is an erroneous or improper edit which ought to be reverted to the original message.

You might simply copy and paste the original content into one final
edit, and then remove all the rest.
Yes, it appears that the only work-around is to copy/paste the original content into a new "current" edit. Then (optionally) delete the intervening edit(s) and the original message.

Shal

--
https://groups.io/g/Group_Help
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

If you "delete this edit" for the current version and it's the only existing version/edit, would the entire message be deleted? Or would the function not be available unless there were at least two versions?

BTW, I think the terminology "delete this edit" is strange if you're looking at the original message. Maybe "delete this version" would more closely fit all cases, namely, the original and any edits.

Because Delete usually implies poof, completely gone, we programmers prefer the word "Revert" when going back to a previous version. Would that be generally understandable?

Revert This Edit

(And don't show the Revert option if the message hasn't been edited, obviously.)

JohnF

Maybe some programmers should speak for themselves. ;) I think using ‘revert’ would complicate matters, since (a) it’s used only to imply going backwards in time, and more importantly (b) the thing being acted on is the the thing (the specific edit or version or revision) being deleted or made to go ‘poof.’ It is now possible to make go poof any specific edit (except for the most current one). Specifying instead which version you want to ‘revert’ to (make current) would provide much less functionality.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2017, at 5:22 PM, JohnF via Groups.Io <johnf1686=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Because Delete usually implies poof, completely gone, we programmers prefer the word "Revert" when going back to a previous version. Would that be generally understandable?

Revert This Edit

(And don't show the Revert option if the message hasn't been edited, obviously.)

JohnF

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 05:22 pm, JohnF wrote:
Revert This Edit
And also, that would have to be "revert to this edit"

Tony Moody

Yes,
When editing a previously saved file = original.
Useful functions are :
Delete   means delete the whole thing including the original. As in Gone-Gone
Revert  means undo all edits since opening the file. ie Revert to original.  = Start again
Undo  means revert to the version before the last Enter
Redo means undo the last undo.

ymmv

OK,
Tony