locked where should bugs (and other issues) be reported?

Great. Thank you, Mark.

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:

My own criteria is to reserve the support email address for issues where private or semi-private information is involved, or where the problem seems specific to a single group or member. That is, where it would be inappropriate to post in public (at beta@). Or where there's a particular urgency to the support request, or a need for a personal response.

I think these are good guidelines. There are no hard and fast rules here, and hopefully I've demonstrated that I'm a pretty laid back guy with these things.

That said, like I mentioned in the last post, when posting a bug, the more information you can provide, the better.

Edited

p.s. Is it considered de rigueur in this group for a member to contact another member offlist and tell them that a post of theirs is inappropriate for beta? [EDIT: I'll take my answer "off the air." Taking this offlist. Thanks.]

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 12:57 pm, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
I think that member should take note that #bug is third in the list of Top Hashtags in this group.

LOL. That's more or less what I told him.

Thanks.

J,

I just had a beta group member contact me offlist and tell me to report
bugs to support rather than to beta.
I'm not Mark, but I think that member should take note that #bug is third in the list of Top Hashtags in this group.

My own criteria is to reserve the support email address for issues where private or semi-private information is involved, or where the problem seems specific to a single group or member. That is, where it would be inappropriate to post in public (at beta@). Or where there's a particular urgency to the support request, or a need for a personal response.

But none of that applies to what you reported, so I think you're fine.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

Mark,

I just had a beta group member contact me offlist and tell me to report bugs to support rather than to beta. I'm confused. Could you please clarify, more or less, which issues we should contact support about and which are appropriate for beta? Perhaps this is evolving, because I still see a lot of bugs reported to beta, and you reporting here that you've fixed them, so I'm not sure why I got this advice from the group member.

Thanks.