Topics

locked only the first 20 of a member's posts come up #bug

If you click on a member to see their posts, the first 20 come up fine. At the bottom, the page says "1 - 20 of X" (where X is their total number of posts). followed by links ("2, 3, 4, …") to see the rest of their posts in groups of 20. However, when you click on page 2, the display reverts to the message list of the group as a whole.

The only way I've found to see post history by member is in their membership on the Activity History and that pages through fine for me. Are you getting there another way?

Duane

Edited

Duane,

In any group, not just ones where you're a moderator, you can click on members whose username is clickable (blue) and see their posts in that group. You can do that through the message view, or through top posters [EDIT2: I'm sure about top posters,not sure about the other ways], or any number of ways. In all of those ways, only the first page of the member's posts (the first 20 posts) comes up. [EDIT: Although the results lead you to believe you will be able to see the rest, because it provides links for them, the links don't work.]

Thanks, now I remember going through the Top Posters link before. There have been several glitches on things like this that have more than one page - first page is okay, but won't go to another page. I think some of them pop up when Mark makes a change that we've asked for and that leads to a slightly different format needed for the continuation link. I guess I haven't been playing enough to find any other way. Clicking on a blue name takes me to their profile, not posts.

Duane

Duane,

Clicking on a blue name takes me to their profile, not posts.
That's my experience too, in Threads and Messages.

I wish I could go to either their profile or their posts that way, or some way. At present I don't see a way to see the posts of anyone other than the Top Posters.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

Shal, Yes, it does now. But you can still see the top posters' posts (or at least 20 of them;)

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 13, 2016, at 3:37 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@gmail.com> wrote:

Duane,

Clicking on a blue name takes me to their profile, not posts.
That's my experience too, in Threads and Messages.

I wish I could go to either their profile or their posts that way, or some way. At present I don't see a way to see the posts of anyone other than the Top Posters.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

Duane

Shal,

I wish I could go to either their profile or their posts that way, or some
way. At present I don't see a way to see the posts of anyone other than the
Top Posters.
It's a kludge, but as an owner/moderator, you can get to their posts. In the Members section, go to their membership and look at the Activity History page. You'd have to open each "sent message" separately though. I'm pretty sure this was discussed a few months ago and the possibility of anyone searching by Display name was mentioned, but I think there wasn't an easy way to implement it.

Duane

vickie <vickie_00@...>

Shal...I wish I could go to either their profile or their posts that way, or some way. At present I don't see a way to see the posts of anyone other than the Top Posters.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but if you go to members list    and click on  member ID
then click on  activity history , there you will see the most resent message the member submitted to the group.

then click on the subject , that will open up to read the message
However  if you click on a  deleted subject  it takes you back to   group listing

Naturally  if you have a group of over 1,000 members this would  be a lot of work to find out who submitted the most recent message to the group because you have to go down  the member list to check each persons activity history..

Vickie

> Clicking on a blue name takes me to their profile, not posts.

That's my experience too, in Threads and Messages.

I wish I could go to either their profile or their posts that way, or some way. At present I don't see a way to see the posts of anyone other than the Top Posters.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

Vickie,

Not sure if this has been mentioned but if you go to members list and
click on member ID then click on activity history, there you will see
the most resent message the member submitted to the group.
Yes, Duane mentioned it.

Still, I'd like the ability to easily search for prior messages from a poster even in groups I don't own or moderator; even when that poster isn't one of the "Top Posters".

-- Shal

vickie <vickie_00@...>

Shal,>>>>Yes,
OK

 I agree.
It would be very  useful for both mods and members.

Vickie

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 7:57 AM, J_catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

If you click on a member to see their posts, the first 20 come up fine. At the bottom, the page says "1 - 20 of X" (where X is their total number of posts). followed by links ("2, 3, 4, …") to see the rest of their posts in groups of 20. However, when you click on page 2, the display reverts to the message list of the group as a whole.

Fixed!