moderated Event: Database Upgrade, Tuesday, 26 September 2017 #downtime #cal-invite

main@beta.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Database Upgrade

When:
Tuesday, 26 September 2017
9:00pm to 10:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

The site will be down for a database upgrade. Emails sent during this time will be queued and sent when the site is back up. This is a required prerequisite to switching to the new search system, and is the only downtime I anticipate needing for that. The actual switchover to the new search will probably happen in another week. I will put up a banner on the site during the day tomorrow announcing the downtime.

Sarah k Alawami

Thanks. should  we let our lists know? Mine is low traffic  but will email servers etc be effected? Or are we pretty much ok?

Take care and be blessed, and thanks for all you guys do behind the sceens.

On Sep 25, 2017, at 9:03 AM, main@beta.groups.io Calendar <main@beta.groups.io> wrote:

Database Upgrade

When:
Tuesday, 26 September 2017
9:00pm to 10:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

The site will be down for a database upgrade. Emails sent during this time will be queued and sent when the site is back up. This is a required prerequisite to switching to the new search system, and is the only downtime I anticipate needing for that. The actual switchover to the new search will probably happen in another week. I will put up a banner on the site during the day tomorrow announcing the downtime.

<Mail Attachment.ics><invite.ics>

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:
Thanks. should  we let our lists know? Mine is low traffic  but will email servers etc be effected? Or are we pretty much ok?

Up to you whether to tell your group or not, of course. Nothing will change with the service, so your users don't have to do anything.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave Sergeant

I always struggle trying to work out what your times are in ours. I
think it is 5am-6am UK time Wednesday morning so hopefully most of us
will still be in the land of nod. But thanks for the warning.

Dave

On 25 Sep 2017 at 9:03, main@beta.groups.io Calendar wrote:

When: Tuesday, 26 September 2017
9:00pm to 10:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles
during this time will be queued and sent when the site is back up. This
is a required prerequisite to switching to the new search system, and is
the only downtime I anticipate needing for that. The actual switchover
to the new search will probably happen in another week. I will put up a
banner on the site during the day tomorrow announcing the downtime.

http://davesergeant.com

Dave Sergeant

And now Thursday morning, long time yet...

Dave