Topics

moderated [BUG REPORT] Code Syntax Highlighting Does Not Work in Wiki Pages #bug

[BUG REPORT] Code Syntax Highlighting Does Not Work in Wiki Pages

The Code Syntax Highlighting is not working for Wiki pages. The code is put into a block, but it does not provide any syntax color highlighting, as described in the GitHub Markdown Cheatsheet Code and Syntax Highlighting.

See my Wiki test page here:
https//apple-dev.groups.io/g/jxa/wiki/Test-Syntax-highlighting

Here is the same example, in the Wiki of this group (beta):
Test Syntax highlighting [BUG]

You can also view a full page with many examples here:
How to Use JXA with System Events App

I hope this is something simple that can be fixed soon. Thanks.

Syntax highlighting does work for forum posts, just not for wiki pages.

Hello,

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 7:12 PM, JMichaelTX <JMichael@...> wrote:
[BUG REPORT] Code Syntax Highlighting Does Not Work in Wiki Pages

This should be fixed now.

Mark, thanks for the quick fix.  Very much appreciated.

Is there anywhere a Wiki preference I can set to change the code syntax style?  The current style puts too much emphasis on comments, and misses other key elements.

The highlight.js demo (used by the GitHub Markdown) offer a wide variety of styles.  There are a number of good ones, but the one I liked best is "Atomic One Light".  Here's an example:

The best solution would be to provide a Wiki setting for this on a per group basis.  If that is not possible, or can't be done quickly, could you possibly change the style to "Atom One Light"?

Thanks for your outstanding support of groups.io.