Topics

moderated Ability to edit photo size without changing ownership

Frances commented, "It would be neat if the edit message box had the ability for a moderator / owner to move (or copy) the attachment to Files or Photos.

Along with this I would request a way to resample some image attachments smaller without changing ownership. While we may have an image maximum size set, some images may not be worth that much space.

My groups also have a similar problem in Photos. In the group move, we transferred some photos that are much larger than they need to be, and are pushing the group toward the size limitation. I would like the ability to use a utility like IrfanView http://www.irfanview.com/ to resample some of these down to a more reasonable size to replace the existing image. But I don't want to change the ownership of the image. Is there a way to accomplish this? I've wondered about this being something that might be included in a premium package, but the real value of such a feature would be more obvious for a regular group.

If this could be done, something similar in nature would be the ability to crop down an image where the background doesn't add to the value. There are occasions where saving the full resolution of the original subject but losing the superfluous background would be more useful.

Dano

Ginny T.

I agree that this would be a great thing to have...
Ginny
--
Ginny T.  gttemari21@...
========